- Youth Rules
- YouthRules! was launched by the United States Department of Labor in May 2002 to increase public awareness of Federal and State rules concerning young workers.
- Safety for Teen Workers
- The premier site for teen worker safety and health information provided by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Their mission is to help you stay healthy and safe while on the job. Whether you work part-time, full-time, over the summer for a few extra bucks, or the entire year, you have come to the right place to get the scoop on how your job can affect you, now and in the future.
- Government Jobs for Students
- Permanent part-time or full-time positions
- Summer employment
- United States Government internships co-ops
- Volunteer opportunities
- Volunteer Opportunities in Hampton Roads
- College Board
- Featuring a
college quick finderthat allows you to:
- Compare colleges
- Get help with SAT, PSAT, and CLEP tests
- Get dates and register online
- Search for scholarships
- Set up a personal start page with upcoming deadlines and SAT reminders
- Track your SAT prep progress
- Featuring a
- College Toolkit
- A one-stop resource for life after high school allowing students to find and apply for scholarships, search through a database of more than 4,000 colleges and explore 900 careers all in one location. It is one of the most comprehensive sites for life after high school., and everything on the site is free for students to use!
- Sallie Mae Scholarship Search
- Search a scholarship database of almost three million scholarships.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Explora High School is the interface for EBSCO research databases. There are four Explora interfaces, each aimed at a different age group that search age-appropriate databases. High School is the Explora aimed at high school students in grades 9-12.
Explora Middle School is the Explora interface aimed at middle school students in grades 6-8.
Patrons are strongly advised to download the Libby app to use OverDrive on their mobile devices.