All Newport News Public Libraries are now SHARE Network Access Points (SNAP) centers and offer access to the SHARE network. Trained staff are available to help job-seekers connect to One-Stop Career Centers through the computer and direct referral.
What is SNAP?
SNAP works in collaboration with One-Stop Career Centers and faith-based and community-based organizations to connect job seekers to employment services in their communities. The SHARE Network Access Points, or SNAP's, provide core employment services (such as career advising and resume and job search assistance) on-site.
- Job search information and assistance
- Local, state and national job listings
- Schedule of local job/career fairs
- Workspace with computers with Internet access, phone, fax, and copiers
- Unemployment insurance claim filing
- Registration for Virginia Employment Commission services
- Introduction to training opportunities