Law Library Special Collection
- Law books, legal reports and other legal materials are available for in-house research and reference use only by any citizen of the City.
- Upon request Judges, the City Attorney, Assistant City Attorneys, Commonwealth Attorney, Assistant Commonwealth Attorneys, the Chief Magistrate, or any magistrate may check out materials for temporary use (Code of Ordinances, City of Newport News, Sec. 22-39).
Virginia Law Dictates
- Library Staff CANNOT give legal advice
- Library Staff CANNOT assist in filling out legal forms
- If you need legal advice or assistance, Library staff MUST refer you to a lawyer
(Unauthorized Practice of Law, Opinions #127, #152, #161)
- Managing COVID-19 Webinar Series: Learn from expert legal industry panelists how to sustain workplace continuity, navigate new challenges, and deal with other important topics.
- Coronavirus Resource Kit: Get a complimentary Lexis Practice Advisor resource kit covering a wide range of topics across multiple practice areas, addressing emerging issues and offering guidance relating to coronavirus and the law.
- Coronavirus Content on Law360: Access a complimentary, dedicated coronavirus page with breaking news, in-depth features and expert analysis and commentary on topics relating to coronavirus and the law.
• Law360 Map of U.S. Court Closures