- Things to Do
- Curbside Pickup
Step 1: Search the NNPL Online Catalog to find an available item and place it on hold. If you need help placing holds, please call a branch below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Once you’ve been notified that your hold(s) is ready, call the branch where your hold is located to arrange a pickup date and time. Please have your library card number or picture ID when you arrive for your Curbside Pickup appointment.
**Avoid the wait! Due to the popularity of this service, those with appointments will be given priority over those who arrive without an appointment.**
Step 3: When you arrive for your pickup appointment, park in a designated curbside space then use a button below to text the word HELLO and follow the prompts.
You can also call your branch to let us know you've arrived:
Main Street: 757-591-4858
Pearl Bailey: 757-247-8677
Step 4: Wait for staff to come out to deliver your items. Staff will observe social distancing guidelines, so please remain in your vehicle and be prepared to show staff your photo ID or your library card.
Curbside Pick-Up FAQs
- When and where can I pick up my holds?
You can pick up holds at the Main Street, Pearl Bailey, and Grissom Branches:
Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday, 10 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- How long will you keep my holds until I pick them up?
- Ten (10) days. If your hold is not picked up by the hold expiration date, it will be made available to other patrons.
- How many items can I pick up at one time?
- You may pick up 20 items at a time. You can still have up to 50 items checked out at one time, this includes up to 20 DVDs.
- What measures are you taking to ensure the safety of patrons and library staff?
- Library staff are strictly adhering to the latest guidelines from the CDC and all curbside deliveries will be contactless. Please help us follow safety and social distancing guidelines to ensure that your delivery is as safe as possible. Please stay in your car and keep your windows rolled up.
- Do I need my library card or identification?
- Yes, please have your library card or a photo ID ready when you arrive for Curbside Pickup. Please leave your window rolled up and display your library card or picture ID through the closed window. Thank you!
- May I return library materials?
- We are not accepting returns at the Curbside Pickup; however, you may place returns in the outside book drop at your branch.
- Can staff help me with e-books, e-audio books, streaming video and computer questions?
- We are happy to do this for you over the phone, or email us at email@example.com.